- This event has passed.
Workshop: Poetry Writing in The Swiss Garden
October 7 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£40
Enjoy a wonderful poetry-writing workshop led by poet Phil Bowen (www.philbowen.co.uk) using the theme of gardens as inspiration. Poetry plays an important part in the Swiss Garden’s past, and there are examples of verse inscribed around the landscape, full of meaning and memory for those who placed it there almost 200 years ago. Write your own piece of poetry, inspired by the lovely surroundings of the garden and with guidance from Phil, himself a published poet and scriptwriter who understands perfectly the relationship between poetry and place.
• A guided tour of the garden.
• Garden poetry readings by Phil Bowen.
• Interactive sessions based on rhyme using Philip Larkin’s poem ‘The Trees’ as a template.
• Practice writing sessions.
• A final exercise using a garden-related structure to write a piece of poetry of your very own!
Arrival refreshments and lunch is provided – please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01767 627933 if you have any dietary requirements.
Event Timings: 10:00 – 16:00